In 2008, Gandtrack were approached to provide a long-term solution for drill and cutter support for Spirit Aerosystems in Subang, Malaysia. Spirit were looking to work with a long-term partner who could offer commitment and support to the project to reduce costs, provide drawings and implement cost saving initiatives.
The vision for the project included the establishment of a new cutting and grinding facility in Malaysia, a full compliment of cutter drawings, provision of cell manuals, technical support and training to new staff and an optimum supply of cutters. As a more long-term objective, Gandtrack also wanted to become a long-term strategic partner of Spirit Aerosystems.
- Huge cost benefits over previous suppliers
- Training of Malaysian operators with little or no experience
- Spirit has ownership of a full set of specialised cutter drawings
- Bespoke manuals introduced for each tool
- On-site technical support
- Commitment to continually improve cutter efficiency and quality
- Pro-active support during production start-up and ongoing support for Spirit Malaysia
- Rapid response due to location
Gandtrack offer partnership, quality of tools and a commitment to succeed with Spirit in the long-term future in Malaysia.
– Spirit Aerosystems